Saturday 21 September 2013

1 week and counting


I reckon I might invest in one of these robot painting gizmo's,,, I could have done with one over the last week,, I've also now decided that painting is not as big a chore as it was but the lettering and numbering is,,,, but it is something one has to do to bring everything to life.

I have to say they all look very smart in their new black suits and yellow lettering!!!
Won't be long before I decide they look too nice and have to attack them with the weathering gun.

Anyway treading the boards for the first time will be:
2nd Bec J11 Pom Pom,,, I know the magnet ruins the view from the cab but this is another of the old stagers that was with me way back when in the early 70's.

Bec J52,, yer actual Corporal Jones of Salmon Pastures,, is rebuilt, repainted and running & looking better than it ever did.

Lancs & Yorks Highflyer Atlantic,,, one of many started in the early 90's and then hit the dreaded "lets gather dust" shelf,,, not any more she is raring to go.

Fowler 2-6-4 tank WITH  limousine cab,,, have actually amazed myself with how this one has turned out,,, hard to believe it used to be a Hornby toy train type.

Cotswold GCR F1 2-4-2tank,,, close companion of the Highflyer but not any more.

Nu cast GCR C13 4-4-2tank the 3rd musketeer from the dust shelf,,, but now looking pristine. 

Anyway now we have an extra 6 lumps of motive power to take with us to Barrow Hill I can see I will have to start smiling at the management again in an effort to get permission to extend the shed, we quite simply do not have enough room to store them all the way things are,,, and looking at the "to do" shelf in the shed there is about another 6 that need finishing off,,, my word we are going to be busy before we set off for Tonbridge & our first venture sarf of the river in February.

And talking of exhibitions it is now only 1 week till we are "up em an at em" at Barrow Hill if you are looking for an excuse to visit then forget all the brownie points just get your act together and come and help us celebrate something worthwhile,,, 160th anniversary of Doncaster!!!!

What more could you want for an exciting weekend away,,,, I know we'll have one.

See you there!!!

No comments: